Vision, Values and Aims
At St Michael’s Church of England Primary School, we want our children to become confident, skilled, resilient young people, who have a love of learning and a curiosity and excitement to move on to new adventures.
In our supportive, nurturing and inclusive environment, we see the value in each individual child and have high expectations for all children in everything that we do. Our Christian values underpin all of school life, teaching our children to show respect, love and friendship to others, and to have the courage and perseverance to go on to make a positive contribution as global citizens. We want them to know that the whole world is theirs to explore and to live a life in all its fullness.
“I have come that they may have life and have it in all its fullness.” John 10:10
Our School Christian Values:
From our curriculum, to how we work and play together, our Christian values are really important to us and underpin everything that we do!
Generosity: We gladly share our things, our time and our love.
Now the full number of those who believed were of one heart and soul, and no one said that any of the things that belonged to him was his own, but they had everything in common. – Acts 4:32-35
Courage: We bravely face new challenges with the support of God, our family and our friends
Be brave and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. – Joshua 1:9
Friendship: We trust, help and support each other.
How good and pleasant it is when God’s people live together in unity. – Psalm 133:1
Perseverance: We work hard to achieve our aspirations and never give up.
I can do all things through Him who strengthens me. – Philippians 4:13
Love: We put others before ourselves and value the love that we receive.
Since God so loved us, so we also ought to love one another. – 1 John 4:11
Respect: We are thoughtful and considerate to ourselves, others and the environment.
Do to others as you would have them do to you. – Matthew 7:12
Our school community work together to provide a nurturing and creative learning environment for our children. Within a climate of high expectation and challenge, all children are guided, supported and inspired to fulfil their potential during their time at school and in their life ahead.
We value our partnership with parents and carers very highly and encourage them to take an active role in all aspects of school life. We aim to develop a culture of inclusion and diversity in which everyone feels comfortable and welcome.
At St Michael's we aim to enable each person to:
- have a successful and fulfilling life;
- show Christian values in their behaviour and attitudes;
- flourish academically, spiritually, creatively, morally, physically and socially;
- value themselves and others and celebrate their individuality;
- become enthusiastic, self-motivated and lifelong learners;
- develop self-esteem and confidence and take pride in their achievements;
- respect and welcome people of all backgrounds, beliefs and cultures.
To do this, we will:
- deliver each child's entitlement to the National Curriculum and also provide a broad, balanced curriculum that is matched to individual needs and abilities, and which inspires children through enrichment in activities;
- work in partnership with parents and carers, the church and the community;
- provide an ethos of support, challenge and encouragement to achieve in everything they do and to believe nothing is out of reach;
- promote motivation, growth mindset, an enjoyment of learning and a love of reading;
- provide opportunities to embrace other communities and cultures, visit new places and celebrate their community.